Granite and Marble Columbarium Walls
Respectful and beautiful placement of cremation urns.
What are columbarium walls?
Columbarium walls have a rich history dating back to ancient times. They are structures designed to hold urns containing the ashes of the departed. Today, these walls serve as a secure and meaningful final resting place for cremated remains. They can be crafted from various durable materials, such as granite, marble, or concrete, ensuring lasting durability and aesthetic appeal.
Why do people choose this type of monument?
Depending on their religion, lifestyle or family requests, families may select a columbarium wall monument for several reasons:
- Aesthetics and simplicity: This type of monument offers a serene and beautiful setting to honor your loved ones, with customizable design options that reflect their unique personality and legacy.
- Accessibility: They offer a place to remember and reflect and a permanent, public monument for a person who has chosen to be cremated. When a family keeps a deceased person’s ashes at home, it can leave other mourners without a place to visit to commemorate the person. A memorial in a columbarium wall offers the perfect solution.
- Space Efficiency: In urban and suburban areas, such as Brisbane, space for traditional burial plots may be limited. They provide an efficient way to accommodate multiple memorials in a smaller area.
- Protection and Durability: Solidly constructed, the walls are built to withstand the elements, ensuring a long-term and permanent memorial.
- Community and Remembrance: Columbarium walls are often located in cemeteries, churches, or memorial gardens, creating a sense of community and connection.
Common locations for columbarium wall installations
Columbarium walls can be commonly found in locations where the community gathers for prayer and reflection:
- Cemeteries: Many cemeteries in Brisbane feature columbarium walls as an alternative memorial option.
- Churches: Churches often have them located within their grounds or premises, offering a spiritual and convenient location for memorialization.
- Memorial Gardens: Some memorial gardens are dedicated entirely to this type of monument, providing a tranquil and natural setting.
The next steps
At T. Wrafter & Sons, we are known for crafting monuments and memorials that are unique and beautiful, using traditional techniques and craftsmanship.
If you are considering a monument in a columbarium wall for your loved one, or you are an organisation wishing to install or upgrade an existing memorial, please reach out today to discuss the next steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Columbarium walls can be crafted from various durable materials, including granite, marble, or concrete, ensuring longevity and a selection of beautiful finishes to enhance the memorial and its chosen location.
Columbarium walls are a space-efficient alternative to traditional burial plots, making them ideal for urban areas with limited space. Each wall can hold many memorials, housing urns containing the ashes of people who have chosen to be cremated.
T. Wrafter & Sons produces all of its work right here in Brisbane. Unlike others in the industry, we work only with raw materials and do not order in pre-fabricated pieces. Our custom-built factory has everything we need to design, process, and construct your monument.
We work alongside you every step of the way, ensuring that no detail is overlooked and that the final piece is installed with utmost care and attention.
Visit this article to learn about the additional lengths we go to when crafting a family chapel.
Yes, you can personalize columbarium wall memorials with various design options, including inscriptions, etchings, and plaques, to reflect your loved one’s personality and legacy.
Columbarium walls are often a cost-effective choice, especially in areas where traditional burial plots may be expensive or scarce. They provide an elegant and lasting memorial at a reasonable cost.
The capacity of a columbarium wall varies depending on its design and size. Some walls can hold a few dozen urns, while others can accommodate hundreds.
Yes, columbarium walls are considered an environmentally friendly option because they require less land space compared to traditional burial plots.
To begin, simply contact T. Wrafter & Sons. Our experienced stonemasons will guide you through the process, helping you design and build a custom monument that honours your loved one’s memory with dignity and beauty.